Sunday, April 15, 2007

The Brooklyn Half - Oops I Did it Again

Ok, this one was not really an oops, as was the case when I overslept for Grete's Gallop. I actually woke up and decided not to go. I hadn't gotten much sleep the night before, didn't get to bed until 3:15 a.m. after a night out on the town, and I would have had to leave my house at 5:30 a.m. to catch the bus to Brooklyn. That is par for the course for me, and I would have done the race anyway, but I actually had not been training at all of late. I actually have not run since the last half marathon (Bronx) in February. This was because I have been busy with work and starting my new business.

So as I was debating whether to go, I figured if I went the following would have happened:
1. I would have posted a sub-par time
2. I would have been sore for the rest of the day plus two more days

And I'm sure there were other excellent reasons but that was enough to make me go back to sleep.

I did accomplish one thing that morning. When my alarm went off I called Nathan to wake him up. He thanked me because just before I called he had turned off his alarm and went back to sleep. So he made it to the race with my help and turned in a stellar time, 1:30:20.

My accounting job will die down in the next two days with the passing of the tax deadline, and I will get back to training. My next big event is a sprint triathlon in Pennsylvania. My swimming has improved dramatically as I have joined a gym and been going regularly. Now I just have to buy one of those pesky things you use between the swim and the run, what are they called again?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think they call it getting lost in the woods

8:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home